* Hayley Mills is the daughter of famous actor John Mills.
* Hayley Mills' mother is novelist/playwright Mary Hayley Bell.
* Hayley Mills' sister is actress Juliet Mills.
* At age 9, Hayley Mills was sent to boarding school. It was there she was introduced to acting, by appearing in school plays.
* In 1958 Hayley Mills caught the attention of Director, J. Lee Thompson when he was visiting the family home. The following year Thompson asked her to star opposite her father in the suspense drama "Tiger Bay".
* Hayley Mills' performance in "Tiger Bay" received critical acclaim & in no time at all she was cast to star in Walt Disney's "Pollyanna" (1960).
* "Pollyanna" was a box office smash for Disney, Hayley Mills became a household name & the film earned her a special Academy Award, which is sometimes given to child actors.
* Hayley Mills continued to star in Walt Disney productions. "The Parent Trap" (1961), "In Search of the Castaways" (1962) & "Summer Magic" (1963), were all hugely successful.
* In 1963 Hayley Mills co-starred again with her father in "The Chalk Garden".
* In 1965 Hayley Mills made her final appearance for Disney when she starred in "That Darn Cat". Her ambition was to move away from her little girl image & into more adult films.
* After her departure from Disney, Hayley Mills' first film was the moderately successful "The Trouble with Angels" (1966).
* In 1966 Hayley Mills starred opposite her father again in the comedy "The Family Way" but shocked audiences when it was revealed that she fell in love with the film's director, Roy Boulting who was more than 30 years older than her.
* After living with Roy Boulting for some years Hayley Mills decided to marry him in 1971.
* In 1973 Hayley Mills & Roy Boulting had a son named Crispian.
* In 1976 Hayley Mills divorced Roy Boulting. Hayley's film carerr was now on the slide.
* After her divorce Hayley Mills moved in with actor Leigh Lawson. They had a son named Jason.
* In 1981 Hayley Mills appeared in the BBC miniseries "The Flame Trees of Thika".
* In 1984 Hayley Mills & Leigh Lawson seperated.
* During the late 1980's Hayley Mills was recalled to star in three made for TV movie sequels of her Disney favorite "The Parent Trap". "The Parent Trap II" (1986), "The Parent Trap III" (1989) & "The Parent Trap IV: Hawaiian Homeymoon" (1989), all aired on "The Disney Channel".
* During the 1990's Hayley Mills put her movie career on hold & moved her attention to the theatre in plays such as, "The King & I".
* Hayley Mills' son Crispian Mills is the lead singer of the group "Kula Shaker".