FULL NAME: Adam Gabriel Garcia
DATE OF BIRTH : 1 June 1973
PLACE OF BIRTH : Wahroonga, N.S.W, Australia
HEIGHT: 5' 11"
HAIR : Dark Brown
EYES : Blue
NATIONALITY : Australian
COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: London, England
MARITAL STATUS: Single
DANCE: Tap, Jazz, Ballet and Classical Ballet
INSTRUMENTS: Piano and guitar.
HERO : David Attenborough
FACT FILE :
* Adam attended Knox Grammar School & also the Capital Dance Studio in Sydney.
* In 1991 he left Knox Grammar School & began a Science Degree at University.
* He was studying to become a Chemical Biologist when he decided after 1 year, to leave & take on a full time dancing career.
* In 1993 Adam toured Australia in "Hot Shoe Shuffle".
* Adam appeared in a number of London West End shows including: Hot Shoe Shuffle (1994), Grease (1995), Birdy (1996-97) & Saturday Night Fever (1998 - 1999).
* In "Saturday Night Fever" he starred as Tony Manero. The show played at the London Palladium from May 1998 - April 1999. He was even nominated for an Olivier Award for 'Best Actor in a Musical' for this role.
* Adam's version of "Night Fever" reached number 15 in the UK Singles charts. He appeared on "Top of the Pops" & also at "Party in the Park 98" in front of over 100,000 people.
* He was a co-founder of the dance troupe that went on to become the internationally acclaimed "Tap Dogs".
* 1999 was the year that Adam's film career took off. Production began on the Australian film "Bootmen" followed by the Jerry Bruckheimer film "Coyote Ugly".
* In 2000 "Bootmen" was released in Australian cinemas & became a smash hit. The movie was a showcase for Adam's dancing talent. By popular demand the movie had an extended cinema run in the town of Newcastle where the movie was shot.
* "Coyote Ugly" (2000) was a big success in both Australia & the USA. It was this film that helped establish him as an international celebrity.
* Adam appeared in the tap dancing sequence of the opening ceremony for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.
* In 2001 Adam will be seen with Drew Barrymore in the film "Riding in Cars with Boys".
* Adam's next film will be "The First $20 million Is Always The Hardest" for 20th Century Fox.
* Some of Adam's favourite films include: "Star Wars", "Monty Python & the Holy Grail", "This is Spinal Tap", & "Withnail & I".
Stephen Fry delivers a tour-de-force performance as Oscar Wilde, the Irish-born writer who delighted Victorian England with his witty insights and flamboyant lifestyle, and whose 1895 trial on sodomy charges ended in prison and disgrace. Wilde's life, the realization of his homosexuality, and the events leading to his downfall are chronicled in this acclaimed production. With Jude Law, Jennifer Ehle and Vanessa Redgrave. 116 min.
(2000) VHSCoyote Ugly [DVD]
Twenty-year-old Piper Perabo leaves father John Goodman and her New Jersey home and heads to Manhattan with dreams of making it as a songwriter. After her music is rejected, Perabo takes a job at a rowdy East Village bar called Coyote Ugly, where she's befriended by no-nonsense owner Maria Bello and counter-dancing bartenders Tyra Banks, Izabella Miko and Bridget Moynahan while being drawn to Australian customer Adam Garcia. Slick mix of "Cocktail" and "Flashdance" also features LeAnn Rimes as herself. 101 min. Widescreen; Soundtracks: English 5.1 and DTS, French; Subtitles: Spanish; audio commentaries with producer Jerry Bruckheimer, director David McNally and the Coyotes; "making of" featurettes; theatrical trailer; music video; scene ac
"Tap Dogs" creator Dein Perry directed this dance-filled delight set in Australia and focusing on Sean, a steelworker with aspirations of becoming a professional dancer. Against his father's wishes, Sean heads for Sydney to work in a musical, but returns home after things go awry. Rather than returning to his old job, Sean conceives of a new form of dancing, meshing rock music, boots with taps and the sound of heavy metal on steel. With Adam Garcia, Sophie Lee and Sam Worthington. 93 min.
Riding In Cars With Boys (Spanish Subtitled Version)(2001) VHS
In English with Spanish subtitles.
Riding In Cars With Boys [DVD](2001) DVD
Based on the autobiographical best-seller by Beverly Donofrio, director Penny Marshall's winning comedy/drama stars Drew Barrymore as a teenager in '60s Connecticut whose dreams of college and a writing career are detoured when she becomes pregnant by classmate Steve Zahn. The couple's later marriage is doomed by Zahn's drug abuse, and Barrymore must fight to provide a better life for her son. With Lorraine Bracco, Adam Garcia, Brittany Murphy, James Woods. 132 min. Widescreen; Soundtracks: English Dolby Digital 5.1 stereo, French stereo; Subtitles: English, Chinese, French, Korean, Thai; audio commentary; featurettes; filmographies; theatrical trailers; scene access; more.
Riding In Cars With Boys(2001) VHS