* Amanda Peterson's father is a doctor. He is an ear, nose & throat specialist.
* Amanda Peterson made her feature film debut as an orphan girl in the movie version of "Annie" (1982). The film was directed by John Houston and based on the Broadway musical of the same name. Amanda was credited as Mandy Peterson in the cast list.
* In 1983 Amanda appeared in the TV drama series "Boone". At the "Young Artist Awards" Amanda was nominated for "Best Young Actress In A New TV Series".
* During her youth (early teens) Amanda Peterson was a member of a horse club (The Greeley Saddle Club).
* In 1984 Amanda appeared with Patty Duke in the made for TV thriller "Best Kept Secrets".
* In 1985 Amanda had a supporting role opposite Ethan Hawke and River Phoenix in the big budget sci-fi fantasy "Explorers". At the "Young Artist Awards" Amanda was nominated for "Best Starring Performance by a Young Actress in a Motion Picture".
* In 1986 Amanda appeared with Sarah Jessica Parker in the popular TV mini-series, "A Year In The Life". The following year a regular TV series with the same cast and name followed. At the "Young Artist Awards" Amanda won the award for "Best Young Actress Starring in a Television Drama Series".
* Whilst in High School it has been reported that Amanda drove a white BMW with the license plate PEAC2U (i.e. Peace to You).
* 1987 was Amanda Peterson's big year when she won the starring role opposite Patrick Dempsey in the teen comedy "Can't Buy Me Love". Amanda played Cindy Mancini the prettiest and most popular cheerleader at the school. The film was a success at the American Box Office grossing over $31 million. "Can't Buy Me Love" has become a cult favourite worldwide and the film is now looked on as being Amanda Peterson's signature role. At the "Young Artist Awards" Amanda was nominated again, this time for, "Best Young Actress in a Motion Picture Comedy".
* In 1988 Amanda Peterson followed up her "Can't Buy Me Love" success with the Sci-Fi, Action/Adventure "The Lawless Land". The film can be described as a futuristic, post apocalyptic re-telling of William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.
* In 1989 Amanda starred in another big-screen film, the teen drama "Listen To Me" opposite Kirk Cameron, Jami Gertz & Roy Scheider.
* During the early 1990's Amanda Peterson appeared in a number of TV films, including, "Hell Hath No Fury" (1991), "I Posed For Playboy" (1991) & "Fatal Charm" (1992).
* In 1995 Amanda starred in her last film to date "Windrunner", opposite Superman's Lois Lane, Margot Kidder.
* In the late 90's and new millennium little has been heard of Amanda Peterson. She keeps a low profile and has obviously decided to keep out of the limelight. Fans can only hope that she may one day return to the big screen or small screen.