* Carol started her career as a teen model under the name of "Carolyn Lee". When she became an actress the last three letters of her first name were removed and added to her second name to create her new showbiz name "Carol Lynley".
* In 1957 Carol was featured on the cover of "LIFE" Magazine. When Walt Disney saw her photo and article, he cast her in the 1958 movie "The Light in the Forest", opposite broadway actor James MacArthur.
* In 1959 Carol played a troubled teenager, faced with an unwanted pregnancy, in the teen drama "Blue Denim".
* Also in 1959, Carol was given the opportunity to star opposite new singing sensation and teen idol Fabian Forte in the Don Siegel directed, "Hound-Dog Man".
* In 1960 Carol married Michael Selsman. They were divorced in 1964.
* Carol Lynley continued to star in feature films throughout the 1960's including "Return To Peyton Place" (1961), "Under The Yum Yum Tree" (1963) with Jack Lemmon & Dean Jones and the horror spoof "The Maltese Bippy" (1969) with comedians Rowan & Martin.
* For about 18 years Carol had an on/off affair with famous television reporter/ interviewer David Frost.
* During the 1970's more films followed for Carol, including, "Beware the Blob!" (1972) and the Academy Award winnning disaster flick "The Poseidon Adventure".
* The bulk of Carol's performances in the 1970's, 80's & 90's however, were in TV movies.
* In 2001 Carol Lynley appeared with Lindsay Wagner in the family fantasy "A Light In The Forrest".