Name: Natalie Portman Date of Birth: 9th June 1981 Place of Birth: Jerusalem, Israel Height: 5' 3" Nickname: Nat Parents: Father (Doctor), Mother (Artist) Languages: English, Hebrew, French and Japanese. Debut Film: Léon (aka The Professional)
* Natalie Portman is an only child. At age 3 she moved with her parents from Israel to Washington and later to New York.
* Natalie began taking dance lessons at age 4 and has been a vegetarian since the age of 8.
* At age 11 Natalie was discovered by an agent in a pizza parlor who encouraged her to take up modeling. Her ambition however was to persue a career in acting.
* In 1994 Natalie Portman made her big screen film debut in the critically acclaimed action thriller "Léon" (aka The Professional). Natalie played an innocent young 12 year old who gets involved with a deadly assassin played by French star Jean Reno.
* Natalie's success in "Léon" led to further supporting roles in big screen films such as "Heat" (1995), "Beautiful Girls" (1996) and "Mars Attacks!" (1996).
* In 1998 Natalie Portman turned down a role in Robert Redford's "The Horse Whisperer" to act in a Broadway production of "The Diary of Anne Frank".
* In 1999 Natalie Portman hit the big time and worldwide fame when George Lucas cast her as Queen Amidala in the first of the Star Wars prequel's "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace".
* It is interesting to note that before Natalie was cast in "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" (1999), she had never seen the three original Star Wars movies.
* In June 1999 Natalie graduated from Syosset High School in New York with honors. Her academic achievements allowed her entry into Harvard University, Boston.
* After Star Wars Natalie went on to star in "Anywhere But Here" (1999) with Susan Sarandon and "Where the Heart Is" (2000) with Ashley Judd.
* Harpers and Queen magazine once stated that "Natalie Portman is the new Audrey Hepburn".
* In the new millennium Natalie has restricted her acting performances to the Star Wars films to allow herself time to complete her University studies.
* In 2002 Natalie reprised her role in "Star Wars: Episode 2 - Attack Of The Clones". She is also scheduled to appear in Star Wars 3 in 2005.
Right: This Natalie Portman poster at is available to buy from All Posters. Simply click the poster for purchasing details.
Teen Queens Of The New Millennium
Natalie Portman Biographical Information
Natalie Portman Selected Filmography
2005 - Star Wars: Episode III 2002 - Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones 2001 - Zoolander (Herself) 2000 - Where the Heart Is 1999 - Anywhere But Here 1999 - Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 1998 - The Prince of Egypt (uncredited voice) 1998 - Disney's Hercules (TV Series) (voice) 1996 - Mars Attacks! 1996 - Everyone Says I Love You 1996 - Beautiful Girls 1995 - Developing 1995 - Heat 1994 - Léon (aka The Professional)