* Paul Anka came on the scene as a singer in the 1950's. In no time at all his music became so popular that he reached Teen Idol status.
* Unlike many singers at the time Canadian-born Paul Anka wrote a lot of his own material. The song he is most well known for is the all-time classic hit "Diana".
* In 1957 Paul Anka made his first screen appearance, playing himself in the Rock n Roll musical "Let's Rock".
* In 1959 he appeared as Jimmy Parlow in the teen movie "Girls Town" opposite cult film actress Mamie Van Doren.
* In 1962 Paul Anka starred alongside Hollywood legends, John Wayne, Henry Fonda, Robert Mitchum, Richard Burton & Sean Connery in the epic war movie "The Longest Day". Paul Anka also received credit for composing the film's theme music.
* Also in 1962, an excellent Paul Anka documentary titled, "Lonely Boy", named after one of his songs, was released.
* In 1964 Paul Anka appeared in the Broadway musical, "What Makes Sammy Run?".
* Paul Anka's priority in life was always his music. He wrote & composed Frank Sinatra's classic song "My Way".
* In 1996 Paul Anka appeared in the ensemble cast of Larry Bishop's "Mad Dog Time". Larry Bishop is the son of legendary "Rat Pack" member Joey Bishop.
* Also in 1996 Paul Anka composed the music for the critically acclaimed film "Fargo".
* Paul Anka has always tried to keep busy. He even got to play himself on an episode of "The Simpsons".
* In between brief film roles Paul Anka continues to make occasional nightclub appearances, most notably in Las Vegas.
* In 2001 Paul Anka appeared briefly with Hollywood heavyweights Kurt Russell & Kevin Costner in the Elvis-Caper flick "3000 Miles To Graceland".