* Katie was born and raised in Toledo, Ohio.
* She is the youngest of five children. (3 sisters & a brother)
* Her father Marty is a lawyer and her mother Kathleen is a homemaker.
* Katie attended high school at Notre Dame Academy, an all girls school in Toledo, Ohio.
* She acted in High School theatre productions before meeting a talent manager in New York City, where she was attending a national modeling and talent convention. He encouraged her to go to LA to try her luck at television & film roles.
* In her very first audition, she won a part in the acclaimed feature film "The Ice Storm", starring alongside oscar winner Kevin Kline.
* Rumour has it that Katie was offered the part of Buffy Summers in the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV Series but turned the part down because she wanted to finish high school.
* A videotape of Katie was sent to a television company who were casting roles for a new production called "Dawson's Creek". She won the role of Joey Potter, a series regular.
* It was her role on television's "Dawson's Creek" that made her a recognised face the world over.
* Her salary on "Dawson's Creek" in 1998 was reported to have been $30,000 per episode. Not bad for a 20 year old.
* Voted as "Babe of the Year 98" by Expressen Fredag, Sweden.
* Also in 1998 she was on EW's "It" List.
* In June 1998 she appeared on Seventeen magazine's "Ten Most Beautiful People" list.
* Katie was also one of E! Online's "Sizzling Sixteen '98"
* In 1999 Katie was chosen as one of Teen People Magazine's "21 Hottest Stars Under 21".
* Dated actor and co-star of "Dawson's Creek", Joshua Jackson, while filming Season 1 of the show and part of Season 2. She refers to him as her first love.
* In December 1999 she began dating "America Pie" actor, Chris Klein.
* Katie lives in Wilmington, North Carolina ten months of the year.
* Since "Dawson's Creek" Katie's career has been on the climb & she has been offered roles in major motion pictures alongside some of Hollywood's big stars. She has already co-starred with Michael Douglas in "Wonder Boys" & Keanu Reeves in "The Gift".
* Katie's natural beauty, talent & charisma have helped her become one of the most talked about young actresses in Hollywood today.