* She is the grandaughter of Nobel prize winning physicist, Max Born.
* Olivia moved from England to Australia in 1953, with her family at the age of five.
* She grew up in Melbourne in the Australian state of Victoria & attended University High school.
* In 1971, she moved to the USA where she became a leading singer in both popular & country music.
* When Olivia was recording her first hit "If Not For You," her dog was in the studio with her. It knocked over a microphone stand. The noise can still be heard today, towards the end of the song.
* Her success as a television performer led to a career in major motion pictures.
* In 1978 she starred opposite John Travolta in the highest grossing musical of all-time, "Grease."
* 2 years later in 1980 she starred with dance veteran Gene Kelly in the musical fantasy "Xanadu".
* In 1982 her song Physical was banned from some radio stations because of its suggestive lyrics but nevertheless reached number 1 at the charts & stayed there an amazing 10 weeks.
* Olivia married actor/dancer Matt Lattanzi in 1984. They had a daughter Chloe Lattanzi in 1986. They were divorced in 1995.
* She has won 4 Grammys & a number of other awards.
* She has a star on the Hollywood walk of fame.
* Olivia has had more than 20 Top 40 singles. More than half of those went to Top 10 & at least 5 of them became number 1 hits.
* Some of Olivia's most popular songs include: "Let Me Be There", "I Honestly Love You", "Have You Never Been Mellow", "Please Mr. Please", "Summer Nights", "You're The One That I Want", "Hopelessly Devoted To You", "Magic", "Xanadu", "Physical", "A Little More Love", and "Twist of Fate".
* She made a brief visit to Australia in 1988 to make a television special, titled "Olivia Down Under".
* In 1992 she had surgery for breast cancer & has since recovered.
* In 1994 she returned to Australia & settled at Byron Bay on the north coast of New South Wales.
* Since 1996 Olivia has lived with cameraman Patrick McDermott.
* In 1998 Olivia was chosen by People Magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world.
* Olivia's performance with Australian singer John Farnham was a highlight of the Sydney 2000 Olympic games.
Grease: 2Oth Anniversary Edition
Get out your poodle skirts and penny loafers and get ready to rock-and-roll with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John in the hit screen rendition of the Broadway musical look at '50s high school life. Songs include "Greased Lightning," "Summer Nights," "You're the One That I Want" and the title track. With Stockard Channing, Jeff Conaway, Didi Conn, Eve Arden. This remastered anniversary edition also includes new interview footage with the cast and director Randal Kleiser. Xanadu
Space age look at music of today with Olivia Newton-John and Gene Kelly. Music by Electric Light Orchestra. Roller skating, dancing and fun for the whole family in this updating of 1947's "Down to Earth." 96 min. Two Of A Kind
John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John are back together in this exhilarating, music-filled romantic comedy. Since God sees Earth going down the drain, he chooses them to make eternal sacrifices for each other. If they do, the world is saved. Oliver Reed, Charles Durning, Scatman Crothers. 87 min. It's My Party
Eric Roberts is a man expected to die of an AIDS-related illness in the next few days who decides to throw an all-day party for his family and friends, including his former lover, before taking his own life. Darkly humorous film from director Randal Kleiser ("Grease") also stars Lee Grant, Gregory Harrison, Marlee Matlin, Olivia Newton-John, George Segal. 109 min.