* Brooke's grandfather Francis Shields was a professional tennis player & her grandmother, Marina Torlonia, was an Italian aristocrat.
* Brooke was a child model since the age of 1.
* She started her career in a TV commercial for Ivory soap.
* Brooke appeared on the cover of the 1977 album "Magic is a Child" by rock group Necktar.
* Brooke first gained world attention when Director Louis Malle, cast her as a child prostitute in the movie "Pretty Baby" (1978).
* Blondie's 1978 album "Parallel Lines" contains the song "Pretty Baby," written about Brooke.
* Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1978" in John Willis' Screen World.
* In 1978 & 1980 Brooke was chosen as one of the most intriguing people by People Magazine.
* Brooke's career blossomed with the hit movies "The Blue Lagoon" (1980) & "Endless Love" (1981).
* While filming "The Blue Lagoon", she had her hair glued to her breasts so nothing would show.
* In 1981, the New Jersey-based music group The Jitters released a hit single titled "All the girls want to look like Brooke Shields,".
* Brooke was chosen as Time magazine's Face of the '80s.
* Between the years of 1980 & 1985, Brooke appeared on more than 250 magazine covers.
* While attending Princeton University, Brooke dated Dean Cain of "Lois & Clark" fame. Brooke became a graduate in French literature
* During her career, Brooke dated singers Michael Bolton & Michael Jackson, actor Liam Neeson & the late John Kennedy Jr.
* In 1996 Brooke was chosen as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world by People Magazine. Also in that year she starred in her own television series "Suddenly Susan".
* Brooke was married to Andre Agassi (19 April 1997 - 9 April 1999).
* In 2000 she was chosen as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world by People Magazine.
* Brooke & writer/ producer Chris Henchy were engaged in July 2000, whilst on vacation in Mexico.
* Brooke married Chris Henchy in April 2001. Her husband's name "Chris", is tattooed on her ankle.
* In 2003 Brooke will star with comedian Chevy Chase in the comedy "Rent-a-Husband".