* Her father is a surgeon & her mother is a nurse.
* One of her ancestors, John Witherspoon, signed the Declaration of Independence.
* In 1987 at age 11 Reese won the "Ten-State Talent Search"
* Reese was stood up by her date for the high school prom. She went anyway, with her dad.
* Reese made her feature film debut opposite Sam Waterston in "Man in the Moon." She earned critical acclaim as a 1950's tomboy who falls in love for the first time.
* 1993 was a big year for Reese, she starred as a 12-year-old hippy opposite Danny DeVito & Gary Sinise in "Jack the Bear". She appeared in the CBS mini-series, "Return to Lonesome Dove" with Jon Voight and Barbara Hershey. She also starred in the Walt Disney movie "A Far Off Place." To prepare for the Disney role, she studied with a Matabele tribe to perfect the Bushman language.
* Rumour has it that Reese was offered lead roles in "Scream" (1996), "I Know What You Did Last Summer" (1997) , & "Urban Legend" (1998), but she refused them all.
* In 1996 Reese appeared in the teen thriller "Fear". This film was followed by the box-office hits, "Pleasantville" (1998) and "Cruel Intentions" (1999).
* Reese married her "Cruel Intentions" co-star Ryan Phillippe. They recently had a baby daughter, Ava Elizabeth Phillippe.
* In 2001 Reese starred in the hugely successful teen comedy "Legally Blonde". The film was made for only $18 million & grossed $95 million in the United States.
* In 2002 Reese teamed up with 80's teen star Patrick Dempsey for the romantic comedy "Sweet Home Alabama".
* In 2003 Reese will be back as lawyer Elle Wood in "Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde".