Now Featuring: Cult Movies, Blockbusters, Classics & Latest Releases
Find Your Favorite Movies at "Hollywood Teen Movies". Use The Search Bar Below:
For Posters Use The Search Bar Above:
This page was last updated January 31st 2004
Teen Stars Of The New Millennium
* Whilst still very young Elijah demonstrated a potential for acting so his mother took him to L.A. for an Annual International Modeling and Talent Association Convention. In no time at all he was appearing in commercials and small TV roles.
* Elijah's first big-screen appearance was in a "blink and you miss him role" as a video game player in the big budget blockbuster "Back To The Future 2" (1989). In the same year Elijah appeared in the Paula Abdul music video "Straight Up".
* In 1990 more small roles followed for Elijah in Director, Barry Levinson's personal drama "Avalon" and the Richard Gere cop thriller "Internal Affairs".
* Elijah's career soon began to gain momentum with roles in "Paradise" (1991) opposite Melanie Griffith, "Radio Flyer" (1992) with Lorraine Bracco and "Forever Young" (1992) alongside Mel Gibson & Jamie Lee Curtis.
* In 1993 Elijah got his big break with a starring role as Huckleberry Finn in the family adventure drama "The Adventures of Huck Finn".
* More big screen roles followed in the mid-90's with appearances in "The Good Son" with "Home Alone" star Macaulay Culkin, "North" with Bruce Willis and the big-screen remake of the dolphin classic "Flipper" alongside Australia's legendary comedian Paul "Crocodile Dundee" Hogan.
* Big roles followed for Elijah in the late 90's with memorable roles in the disaster flick "Deep Impact" and Robert Rodriguez's teen sci-fi/horror flick "The Faculty".
* At the turn of the century Elijah starred in a number of low-budget independent productions, most notably, "Black and White" (1999), "The Bumblebee Flies Anyway" (2000) and Chain of Fools (2000).
* For Elijah Wood the new millennium started with a bang when he won a starring role in "The Lord of the Rings Trilogy", a series of films based on the books of J.R.R. Tolkien. "The Lord Of The Rings" has already become box office gold and could go very close to becoming the most successful franchise in cinema history. It is believed that Elijah Wood now owns "the ring" that was used in the trilogy.
Birth Name: Elijah Jordan Wood Date Of Birth: 28th January 1981 Place Of Birth: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA Height: 5' 7" Nicknames: Elwood, Lij and Monkey Parents: Warren and Debbie Wood Brother: 1 older brother Zack Sister: 1 younger sister Hannah Pets: 2 dogs, Rascal & Levonne Special Talents: Plays piano Favorite Band: The Smashing Pumpkins
1997 - The Ice Storm 1996 - Flipper 1994 - The War 1994 - North 1993 - The Good Son 1993 - The Adventures of Huck Finn 1992 - The Witness (TV) 1992 - Forever Young 1992 - Day-O (TV) 1992 - Radio Flyer 1991 - Paradise 1990 - Avalon 1990 - Child in the Night (TV) 1990 - Internal Affairs 1989 - Paula Abdul: Straight Up 1989 - Back to the Future Part II