* John Cusack comes from a show business family. His father Dick Cusack is an actor & filmmaker. John's three sisters Joan, Ann, Susie & brother Bill are all actors.
* John Cusack's mother Nancy is a former math teacher.
* John along with his brother & sisters became a member of Chicago's Piven Theatre Workshop.
* By age 12, John had already acted on stage, in commercials & small budget films.
* John attended Evanston Township High School in Illinois.
* John's film debut came at age 17, when he starred alongside Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy & Jacqueline Bisset in the romantic teen comedy "Class" (1983).
* John's next role was a brief part in the hugely popular John Hughes teen comedy "Sixteen Candles" (1984).
* John kept busy during 1985 with lead roles in "The Sure Thing" & "Better Off Dead".
* John's most famous role came in 1989, when he starred as Lloyd Dobler in the romantic teen comedy "Say Anything".
* More adult roles followed for Cusack in the 90's, begining with his portrayal of a small time con-artist in "The Grifters" (1990).
* In 1993 John turned down the Woody Harrelson role in "Indecent Proposal".
* In 1997 John starred as a hitman, who goes home for his 10-year high school reunion, in the critically acclaimed action-comedy "Gross Pointe Blank", which he also co-wrote.
* John's next role was as a federal agent in the big-budget actioner "Con Air" (1997). In the same year he starred in Eastwood's mystery thriller "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil".
* In 1999, an almost unrecognisable bearded Cusack starred in the offbeat psychological drama "Being John Malkovich". His performance won him a Best Actor nomination at the Independent Spirit Awards.
* In 2000, Cusack starred as a record store owner in "High Fidelity", the film version of Nick Hornby's novel. John was rewarded with a Golden Globe nomination for his performance.
* Cusack has been romantically linked with several well known actresses including Minnie Driver, Alison Eastwood, Claire Forlani, & current girlfriend, Neve Campbell (2001).
* John now has his own production company, "New Crime Productions" which he founded with his 2 high school buddies, Steve Pink & D.V. DeVincentis.
* In 2001 John Cusack starred alongside Hollywood heavyweights, Julia Roberts, Catherine Zeta-Jones & Billy Crystal in the ensemble piece "America's Sweethearts".